You certainly want to enjoy this wonderful and magical time in your life but you know that planning your own wedding is going to be a big job! The following checklists might make it a little easier for you to keep it simple, keep it organized and keep you sane!
The 12-Month Countdown
6-12 Months Before Your Wedding…
The wedding date has been set and now like any large project, it’s a good idea to step back and take a look at the big picture first, then break it down to the finer details later.
The Big Picture: Who, What, Where and How:
- Call your church or synagogue for an appointment with the Officiate
- Explore pre-marriage counseling
- Decide on what size wedding you want
- Consider and decide on wedding attendants
- Start a guest list for the wedding
- Begin determining ideas/themes/color schemes for your wedding and reception
- Select a reception location and a caterer if need be
- Consider reception entertainment
- Select a florist
- Together, shop for wedding rings
- Select a wedding dress, headpiece and schedule fittings
- Decide on the bridesmaids’ dresses
- Mailed out invitations?
- Arranged and planned your rehearsal dinner?
- Selected and purchased your wedding day accessories?
- Arrange attendant’s parties
- Coordinated and prepared accommodations for out-of-town guests?
- Selected a hairdresser and makeup artist and scheduled those appointments?
- Finalized those honeymoon plans?
1-Month To Go!
This is your chance for the last wedding dress fitting, and final
fitting period for bridesmaids’ dresses and men attendants.
You will also want to shop and purchase your outfit to wear when you leave the reception,get your marriage license, organize the final check list of wedding day events, and confirm all the wedding day “accessories” are in order, i.e. rings, pillows, garter, etc.
2-Weeks Remaining! It’s finalizing time.
- Finalize entertainment arrangements
- Go over and finalize music lists, and special music events, i.e. first dance, dance with parents, etc.
1-Week Before Your Big Day!
It’s crunch time. You must now review your marriage license to make sure it’s in order, prepare seating arrangements for ceremony,prepare payment envelopes for Officiate, entertainment and vendors and give to the person who will handle that, confirm honeymoon reservations,make necessary honeymoon preparations, i.e. bank, traveler’s checks, etc, and prepare and pack for honeymoon.
And don’t forget to confirm out-of-town guest accommodations and transportation, check in with the florist to confirm arrival time set up, have your wedding ceremony rehearsal letting everyone know what they will do on the wedding day.
Most of all Have and ENJOY your rehearsal dinner!
Your Wedding Day!
- Allow plenty of time for your scheduled hair and makeup appointments
- Allow at least 2 hours for dressing
- Bring the rings and marriage license
And MOST IMPORTANTLY, take a long deep breath and relax and enjoy your day!
Mattos, L. (2006, May 12). Wedding Planning 101: Keep It Simple With A Wedding Timeline For Brides And Grooms. Retrieved July 11, 2023, from http://ezinearticles.com/?Wedding-Planning-101:-Keep-It-Simple-With--A-Wedding-Timeline-For-Brides-And-Grooms&id=196841